Berlin, Germany (Gastrosofie). Pino Bianco is the man in the house in the Trattoria a Muntagnola and his mom is: la Mama. Both have long been a Berlin institution and the restaurant is known far beyond Berlin and is famous above all for food and drink from the Italian region of Basilicata.
Pino Bianco thaws itself with broad bean puree, something for those who want to be. The broad bean puree is delivered with dandelion, i.e. served, at the table and presented as
Favette e Cicoria
- 250 g dried braod beans
- 3 middle sized tomatoes
- 1 smallstick of celery
- 1 small onion
- 1 kg chicory
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper
- olive oil
- Soak beans in cold salt water. Finely dice onions, celery and tomatoes and add. Bring to boil and then simmer for about an hour on a small flame.
- Cook chicory in salt water for ten minutes.
- Roast the finely chopped garlic and peppers in oloiv oil. Add the soaking chicory and stir, eventually add boiling water.
- Decorate the broad bean purée with some tomato chunks and pinch of oregano and poor olive oil to taste.
- Spread the chicory around the outside ot the purée.