Berlin, Germany (Gastrosofie). Pino Bianco, his mom and his employees in the Trattoria a Muntagnola in Berlin’s Fuggerstrasse have been serving delicacies from Basilicata since July 1, 1991. Basilicata is an enchanting region in southern Italy that is full of history and nature, full of culture and cuisine. Traditional dishes include
Aubergines with raisins and pine nuts
- 6-8 kg aubergines
- 2 kg canned tomatoes
- 2-3 sticks of celery
- 1 small onion
- 125 g sultanas
- 125 g pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 40 g flaked almonds
- 2-3 talbespoons of balsamico
- olive oil
- 2-3 l vegetable oil for deep frying
- Cut aubergines into mouth size pieces, alt and soak over night in water.
- Cut the onions and celery into smallpieces and steam in olive oil. Add the raisins and pine nuts and steam further untilsultanas are rounded. Add canned tomatoes, bring to boil and then simmer for about an hour on a small flame.
- Season with vinegar and sugar. Fry aubergines in vegetable oil until golden brown, drain and move to a dish.
- Poor the tomato sauce equally over the top.
Roast the chopped almonds and decorate with caponata before serving.