Berlin, Germany (Gastrosofie). Nothing beats these thin threads, also called fillets, which come from pork or beef and are also called loin. Because this muscle in the lumbar region on both sides of the spine is generally not particularly stressed, the meat is therefore very tender, lean and juicy.
And because this meat only makes up a small part of the animal, it is rare and therefore expensive. Yes, fillet pieces are usually the most expensive pieces of a slaughtered animal.
Below we offer a recipe for beef fillets grilled in the Tefal brand OptiGrill Deluxe.
Beef fillets marinated in Asian Scauce
- 4 beef fillets of equal thickness
- 120 ml soy sauce
- 4 cm root ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- fresh onion and sesam seeds
- Peel and grate the cloves of garlic and ginger. Mix with the chilli, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and 4 tablespoons of water. Put the beef fillets in the mixture, marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and ideally for 4 hours.
- Drain the meat, reserve the marinade.
- Turn on the grill. Select the program and press OK. As soon as peheating ist complete, put the beef fillets on the grill and close it.
- Manually remove your food when it reaches your desired cooking level: rare, medium-rare, medium, medium-well or well-done.
- Serve the beef fillets with chopped fresh onion and sesame seeds.
- Heat the marinade in a pan until piping hot and serve as a sauce.