The story of this enterprise began in 1870 when Noè Apollonio started off production and sale of wine in the middle of the Salento peninsula. Since 1955 Marcello and Massimiliano lead as dynamic representatives of the fourth generation this export orientated family business that became a banner holder of regional qualitative winemaking. The barrel cellar with its casks of barrique oak is the heart-piece of the company where the wines acquire their special character. The name of the firm is connected to the Apollonio Award that is donated by the brothers every year in memory of their parents to distinguished personalities from Puglia.
* * *